25 October 2010

THE SOUTH BANK - A LIVE STAGE



THE NIGHT DRAMA OF THE SOUTH BANK
This Sunday I have decided that it was the time to finally see the site from the perspective of a river! I hoped on the last boat from the Tate Britain. It wasn't dark yet but the sun was just setting down on the horizon. The natural lighting unfolding gently on the surface of the Thames was was just spectacular.
As the day was coming to an end the real drama began ... It fascinated me how many sources of light could be recognised at the same time. First you have the lamp posts, then the lighting coming from all the restaurants, shops and bars. The sight sites: London Eye, Westminster, the piers, boats, carousels, people's mobile phones. Even the moon! It was actually a full moon that night as well. And then there is this never ending amount of glass, reflecting the light and the surrounding world beautifully.


I took some pictures of the site. I have decided not to concentrate too much on taking professional shots. I wanted to capture them in the way I saw it at that exact time.











I would love to further experiment and play in this area . I am very interested to see how I could apply this visual sensations into the medium of expanded cinema. My next step would be to combine those images with the dynamic medium of film and sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment