20 October 2010

UNDERSTANDING THE MEDIUM OF FILM





I am very excited about the film project. It is something that I always wanted to do. Being behind a camera was always my passion anyway, so a chance to do it for a live audience is just fantastic! Watching a film is like entering a relationship. The viewer becomes a link that joins fantasy: film and camera, and reality: the cinema and our lives. I love the feeling when a really good movie's plot takes over your thoughts. It comes back to your mind like a flashback from the past. Enters your thoughts and pushing you to reflect upon your own life.


Film has the ability to overtake our senses, create complete world and become very seductive in a way that no other medium can. My aim in this project is to achieve that goal. In order to do that I have decided to do a little research to get as much understanding of this medium as possible.

THE FILM THREESOME it's a very interesting relationship:

1. THE FILM - fantasy, the story, this is where the MAGIC HAPPENS!
2. THE VIEWER (the act of perception, feeding the mind and affecting thoughts)
3. REALITY (source, inspiration and ground)

MY ULTIMATE GOAL: in order to succeed, the story needs to be strong enough to be able to relocate the action from the screen into the viewers mind, create a relationship and awake our deep emotions and reflections.

My group decided to do a film about the experience of SPACE through the four senses: Touch, Smell, Hearing and Seeing. We have divided ourselves into four small groups and each of us is responsible for one of the senses.

Luckily I got into the Vision Group! Great!!! I love images, watching things, people, shapes, the list is never ending...



This is a sample cover for the DVD, which I created in Photoshop:


No comments:

Post a Comment